Code of Conduct for Club Coaches, Officials & Volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practise is summarised below. All club coaches, officials and volunteers must:
- Consider the well being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers based on mutual trust and respect.
- Hold the appropriate, valid qualification and insurance cover.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part and ensure all participants are suitable prepared physically and mentally when learning new skills.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, Dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved with club activities.
- Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training or events.
- Obtain prior agreement from the parent/guardian of the performers before transporting them anywhere (training/competitions)
- Never have performers stay overnight at your home.
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Always report any incidents, referrals or disclosures immediately, following the appropriate guidelines set out in the BG Child Protection procedures.
- Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances.
- Make sure that confidential information is not divulged unless deemed necessary.
- Promote the positive aspects of sport.
- Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by BG and MK Springers.
Click Here to back to the main policies page